JUNE 15, 2020: India being the second-largest producer of Fruits and Vegetables, facilitates the fruit and vegetable processing industry in acquiring its primary resources. Canning, dehydration, pickling, provisional preservation, and bottling are some of the methods used in fruit and vegetable processing which help increase the shelf life of seasonal fruits and vegetables.
The fruit and vegetable processing industry in India is likely to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of ~7.62% between FY 2018 and FY 2023 to reach a value of INR 256.4 Bn in FY 2023. Currently, commercial processing of fruits and vegetables is extremely low in India, at around 2.2% of the total production as compared to countries like Philippines at 78%, China at 23% and the United States (U.S.) at 65%. The unorganized sector witnesses a stiff competition, owing to the presence of a large number of players competing for small shares in the overall market. Organized players compete with each other to maintain their market share and gain brand loyalty.
To Request A Sample Copy Of This Report @: https://www.radiantinsights.com/research/fruit-and-vegetable-processing-market-in-india-2018-2023/request-sample
As India is the second-largest producer of fruits and vegetables globally, its vast production base offers massive opportunities for exports. Moreover, India also has a geographical advantage being close to the key export destinations such as Africa, the Middle East, Oceania and the Southeast Asia. During FY 2018 India exported 391,283.8 metric tonnes (MT) of processed fruits and vegetables across the world, which was worth INR 34.04 Bn
Key growth drivers of the market:
• The demand for processed fruits and vegetables is expected to rise significantly due to the growing penetration of organized retail in the country.
• Increasing number of nuclear families are also increasing the demand for processed food. Busy lifestyles of such families have increased their dependence on food items that require less time to prepare.
Key deterrents to the growth of the market:
• Lack of sufficient storage facilities and improper distribution are hampering the growth of the market.
• Existing stand-alone and integrated companies and third-party logistics providers such as Coldman Logistics and Snowman Logistics Limited offering cold storage and transportation solutions are unable to meet the entire demand for such services. These factors are adversely affecting the development of the fruit and vegetable processing industry in India.
• Dabur India Limited
• ITC Limited
• Freshtrop Fruits Limited
• Hindustan Unilever Limited
• Tai Industries Limited
• Capricorn Food Products India Limited
• Cremica Food Industries Limited
• Fieldfresh Foods Private Limited
• Mother Dairy Fruit & Vegetable Private Limited
• Shimla Hills Offerings Private Limited
To Browse Full Research Report @:
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Executive summary
Chapter 2: Socio-economic indicators
Chapter 3: Introduction
3.1. Fruit and vegetable processing market definition and structure
Chapter 4: Global fruit and vegetable processing market
4.1. Market overview
4.2. Market size and growth forecast – value-wise (FY 2016-FY 2023e)
Chapter 5: India fruit and vegetable processing market
5.1. Market overview
5.2. Market size and growth forecast – value-wise (FY 2016-FY 2023e)
5.3. State-wise fruit zones in India
5.4. State-wise fruits production (FY 2018)
5.5. State-wise vegetables production (FY 2018)
Chapter 6: Trade analysis
6.1. Export of processed fruits and vegetables
6.2. Import of processed fruits and vegetables
Chapter 7: Key growth drivers of the market
Chapter 8: Key deterrents to the growth of the market
Chapter 9: Competitive landscape
To See More Reports of This Category by Radiant Insights:
About Radiant Insights:
Radiant Insights is a platform for companies looking to meet their market research and business intelligence requirements. It assist and facilitate organizations and individuals procure market research reports, helping them in the decision making process. The Organization has a comprehensive collection of reports, covering over 40 key industries and a host of micro markets. In addition to over extensive database of reports, experienced research coordinators also offer a host of ancillary services such as, research partnerships/ tie-ups and customized research solutions.
Company Name: Radiant Insights, Inc
Contact Person: Michelle Thoras
Phone: (415) 349-0054
Address: 201 Spear St #1100, Suite #3036
City: San Francisco
Country: United States